Asian Beef Noodle Soup
- ½ lb or roughly 225gmedium thickness rice noodles
- 6 cups beef stock (or no-salt added beef broth)
- 225g shiitake mushrooms (stems removed and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8oz beef sirloin or tenderloin (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 10 basil leaves (thinly sliced)
Try freezing beef for 30 minutes before preparation. Partially frozen beef will be much easier to slice thinly.
||Cook rice noodles per package directions. Rinse with cool water, and set aside. While remaining ingredients are prepared, rinse with additional cool water every few minutes to ensure the cooled noodles don't stick together. |
||Bring beef stock, mushrooms, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, lime juice and sesame oil to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. |
||Divide rice noodles among 4 empty bowls. |
Add beef and green onions to simmering broth and remove from heat immediately. Ladle soup over noodle bowls. Top with fresh basil.
Serve with additional hoisin sauce and Sriracha hot sauce.