Kale and Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad
Adapted from Skinny Taste
- 1 Small bunch of kale (stems removed and thinly sliced)
- 8 - 10 brussels sprouts (cored and very finely sliced)
- 1 Small clove garlic (finely grated or minced)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/3 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 3 slices whole grain bread (cubed. About 120g)
- salt and pepper to taste
This salad is even more delicious when made a day in advance. Perfect for dinner parties or potlucks!
||Preheat over to 400 F |
Combine brussels sprouts in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl whisk to thoroughly combine: garlic, cheese, mustard, worcestershire, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil and yogurt. Pour over salad and toss to evenly distribute. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
||For the croutons, toss the cubed bread, 1 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper (or other desired seasonings) to taste. |
Spread bread out evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Combine with salad once ready to serve.