Off to a simple and delicious start!
Roasting tomatoes is an incredibly easy way to coax mega flavour and sweetness out of cherry, grape, or mini plum tomatoes. They’re so versatile they can be used to punch up the flavour in just about anything that would normally include tomatoes.
I used mine along with some fresh ricotta cheese and fresh basil and tossed with farfalle pasta for a beautiful, bright and satisfying meatless meal. Here’s how:
- 4 cups cherry, grape or mini plum tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10-15 basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea or kosher preferable)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F
- Toss all ingredients together
- Spread ingredients out over baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Bake for 30 minutes